Wednesday, July 25, 2012

HOPE: He Makes Things New...

Our past is marred with broken pieces of jar, no matter how hard you tried to put things together, your effort is futile. You tried to escape and run away from your past yet it hunts you and trap you until you are unable to escape. You are already drowning until darkness overwhelms you, filling your hearts, mind and soul with the strong presence of hopelessness, fear, helplessness and desperation.


And as you wallow in the pit of darkness a strong Presence grabs and holds you by the hand, causing you to rise until you saw a glimpse of light which is becoming stronger and brighter, enveloping you with the warmth of its presence. You felt the warm embrace as peace flooded your soul, the desire to run away and the feeling of hopelessness; fear and desperation slowly vanish away with His loving presence.

That’s what I felt, when Jesus found me, I thought that my life is such a waste, that my sins are beyond repentance, that I am unlovable and hopeless beyond repair until I found myself in His hands, my history and past failures and mistakes were Jesus’ opportunity to reshape and put me back in one piece, the time when I was in the moment of desperation was God’s time of discourse with me, it was His time of molding and shaping me according to His desire. Everything what sin has destroyed He made new, He restored peace, joy and hope as I surrender everything to Him, I was nothing but I gained everything, everything what Jesus promised. The life I dreamt of which I thought impossible became possible as Jesus turned over a new page of my life; He has forgiven me, accepted me in His family, made me new and clothed me with His garment of praise and righteousness.


The lies that clouded my thoughts were replaced with God’s truth that enables me to stand, live and embrace life and future ahead of me with faith and assurance firmly anchored on God’s Word for I know that He who promised is faithful to fulfill it, [Hebrews 10:23]. Lies that I lived by in the past God has answered with His word:

1.      I’m unloved – “I have loved you with an everlasting love…Jeremiah 31:3;
2.      My life is hopeless – “For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11;
3.      I cannot change – “But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness...”  2nd Corinthians 12:9;
4.      I cannot do it – “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13;
5.      I’m afraid – “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.” Psalms 23:4;

And there’s more! All God’s wonderful promises are found in the Bible, His word, this is His inspired Word that enables me to face life with joy as I began to live each day by faith of the unseen tomorrow and peace that He has already overcame the tribulations in life, now all I have to do is to live victoriously for Him, that the life which once I lived in darkness now have seen His marvelous light! To God be the glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment